Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Casio targets gamers with the Green Slim line projector at E3 2010

Casio was clearly targeting gamers as they showed off their Green Slim Projector at E3. They even went so far as to describe it as “The Ultimate Gaming Experience”.

The Green Slim Projector boasts that it uses no mercury lamp, so the user doesn’t have to replace its light source any time soon. In place of the traditional projector lamp is the power of lasers, which last ten times longer than a Casio mercury lamp.

It is also quite slim, at 1.7 inches thick. Since I am at E3, I saw the reception myself, and I thought I was looking at an HDTV on the wall instead of a projection. While I was there, I happened to see a smaller version of this projector in a glass display. Someone who was manning the booth told me that “we’re not supposed to talk about that”.

I’m guessing that smaller one will have more advanced features. However, this one has 2X Optical Zoom, and is able to do PC Presentations by plugging in a thumb drive. It is available with XGA (1024 x 768) and WXGA (1280 x 800) native resolution, and it is capable of displaying HD inputs including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. It is also equipped with an HDMI terminal in order to transmit digital audio and video with only one cable and connect directly to game systems with an HDMI output.

The Green Slim line from Casio are available at B&H and Best Buy, for a price of about $799-$1,099.

Source Email to a friend Leave a comment/review Bookmark or Share



View the Original article